Soo the other day I was shopping around my local retail park, when I saw numerous girls with NYX paper bags… I thought could this be true ?
So I went off to Boots to investigate, lo and behold I find a massive counter ALL STOCKED with NYX make up items! I have waited so long to get my hands on some of this stuff – as most places that retailed the brand had their counters ransacked by make up hungry girls.
So I went ahead and purchased some of my first NYX items…
Here is a breakdown of what I purchased;
- Dewy Finish Setting Spray
- Mineral stick foundation – Shade 14 (I use this to contour)
- HD Concealer – CW10 Yellow – (I use this under my eyes before concealer)
- HD Concealer – CW04 Beige – (This is my under eye hilight/concealer)
- Above & Beyond full coverage concealer
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream – Athens & Cannes (I have been back since & purchased London)
- NYX lingerie liquid lipstick – Babydoll
Once I purchased these products I could not wait to get home and do my makeup I was so excited. One of my most favourite products is the HD concealer! I have always struggled with concealer creasing / looking too pale in flash. But this is amazing !! I have tried numerous high end concealers and this is in a league of its own. On and off camera it makes the skin look flawless!
Another love of mine are the soft matte lip creams! I am a lover of MAC matte lipsticks (honey love, velvet teddy and kinda sexy) but I have not touched one MAC lipstick since I have purchased these items! I wear the NYX lip creams everyday to work as they don’t dry my lips out too much and manage to stay on for a pretty long time.
Overall, I love all of these products I think they rival high end brands but being priced very reasonably they are in a league of their own! What NYX products do you love?
My next post will be a review of my favourite foundation so keep an eye out!
p.s If you would like any more details on the products I have used/purchased feel free to ask 🙂